Many people here have gotten right in the spirit of Canada day. Even though many of them haven't been home for over 10 months!!
Celebrations started on Monday for me as I hosted a Canada day party of sorts. I brought back 2 cases of 12 of Mac and Cheese - something none of us have tasted since being in Korea!! It was SOOOO delicious. I ate WAY too much and there was so much left over!! But it was a really fun time...we chatted and watched lion attacks online - don't ask. I have weird friends. Oh, and Val mixes tuna with her KD...doesn't that sound GROSS???
Last night after school we got ready for the festivities by dressing in red and white and heading out to Canada Buddy a small bar a bit away from where we live. They serve great food from home like perogies, grilled cheese and what we all came for - pountine!! It's so good!! Not quite as good as home as the gravy here is a little watery - BUT I'm not gonna complain. We had a few drinks too. On the way to the bar, we saw some red sunglasses for sale for $5. I bought them to go over my glasses, and they were a HUGE hit! :) Everyone there tried them on I think! :) All in all, i think we did our country proud!
1 comment:
Happy Canada Day! Looks like you celebrated well. Dad & I went out to dinner and then went to watch the fireworks. Only the 2 of us this year!!
Love Mom
Post a Comment